Spirit of Structure: Tuscany, Italy
October 6 – 13, 2018 Tuscany, Italy Class Size: 7 Cost: See details below
Calling all photographers to the Chianti region of Tuscany! I am excited to be teaming up with Il Chiostro, Arts, Culture and Culinary Workshops in Tuscany. Linda Mironti and Michael Mele have been running workshops in Italy together for over 20 years. Their goal, as they say, is to show us an authentic Tuscany, not just dazzle us with the highlights. This is sure to be a great week!
Based at the Tuscan Renaissance Center in the 12th century monastery of San Fedele, we will explore the spirit and structure of small towns and villages, wineries, churches and monasteries. Between every structure is the land and light of the Tuscan landscape. This heart of wine country will include photographing in the nearby wineries of Dievole or Castle Vecchi. Nearby artist studios of pottery and cashmere and the market in Poggibonsi will provide a different focus.
The San Fedele monastery has been meticulously restored using traditional building methods and materials. Remaining true to its original spirit and rich architectural detail it offers itself up well for both a photographic subject and comfortable accommodations.
Come study with Tillman in this beautiful region of Tuscany! All levels of experience welcome as well as all camera formats. The only requirement is that you know how to use your camera of choice. We will have group critiques of our work throughout the week. Participation encouraged but not required.
- Nearby photo opportunities: Radda, Castellina, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano, Volpaia
- Day trip to Medieval Siena and possibly Florence
- Chianti winery tour & tasting
- Discussions of Tuscan cuisine with Il Chiostro’s chef
Included with your tuition:
- Accommodations at the Tuscan Renaissance Center (single or double)
- Daily traditional breakfast & dinner (including wine)
- Daily photography instruction & critique
- Full day excursions to Siena & Florence
- ½ day excursions to nearby hilltown (San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Radda or Volpaia)
- Pick up at Florence train station at 3:30 pm on arrival Saturday
- Transfer to bus/train station in Siena on final day
Does not include:
- Lunch (lite lunch available for purchase on non-excursion days)
- Museum entry fees
- Independent meals and sight-seeing
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- $3550 p/p
- $3250 for non-workshop participants
- $500 p/p savings for sharing a room
- Registration and payment handled by Il Chiostro
- Non-refundable deposit of $500 required to secure your spot in workshop.
- Information about program, Italy, supplies list & electronic invoice will come directly from Il Chiostro.
- Final payment due August 15, 2018
For general information contact Il Chiostro (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For program and registration information contact Linda Mironti (email@example.com)
For billing or travel information contact Michael Mele (firstname.lastname@example.org)